Scott Houston & Ecstatic Dance Atlanta are teaming up with Korsi Hot Yoga and bringing the good dancing juju north of Atlanta to celebrate and dance our way into the dog days of Summer! Come and enjoy everything you love about dance clubs — without the talking, drinking, or the general nightclub vibe. This is all about getting great exercise, freeing your mind, connecting with yourself & your community in a safe & sacred container.
If you just want to DANCE and move freely, this is the place for you. The fearlessness with which others leap, roll, strut, and be themselves gives you permission and courage to dance YOUR dance without any judgment. The focus is to create and hold a sacred space where you can be yourself in a dynamic group setting.
To maintain the container for movement and free expression we ask that you follow these guidelines:
* No talking on the dance floor.
* Scent-Free, Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free Environment
* No Photos or Videos, Cellphones quiet and out of sight
* Respect the space and each other
* Dance however you wish
* Dance alone or with as many partners as you like--If you'd rather not dance with someone, thank them by placing your hands in prayer at your heart.
At the beginning of the dance, between 730p-8:00p, there will be a short warm-up and opening circle, so please be on time :) At the end of each session, we convene in a communal closing circle for a brief sharing of experiences.
Korsi is a HOT YOGA studio so come prepared to SWEAT ;) That being said — What do I bring?!
1. Loose-fitting clothes that allow for free movement
2. Water to keep yourself hydrated
3. A towel or extra shirts :)
4. A positive attitude of mutual respect for yourself and others
About the Facilitator:
Scott Houston, a.k.a. Inti, is a DJ & Movement Catalyst with a dynamic background as both a musician and a performance artist. His musical tastes bend dark, instrumental harmonies into the light while he provides a richly textured, deep & tribal soundscape experience with origins from across the globe. From Ambient, to Deep House, to World-Beat, and beyond, Inti is the Resident DJ & Vibrational Curandero for FirstMemory and their shamanic healing events. Also as 6 year practitioner and Teacher-in-Training of the 5Rhythms®, Inti facilitates a weekly 5R SWEAT with & various Ecstatic Dance events throughout the Atlanta area.
To get a taste of what he brings to the dance floor, listen here:
$15 @ the door
RSVP if possible!
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to dancing with you soon!